It’s difficult to think about funeral arrangements and expenses, especially during a time of loss. However, if your loved one wishes to be cremated, then understanding the costs associated with it is essential to the planning process.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Funeral Cremation
- Location: The location of the funeral home and crematory can impact the cost of funeral cremation in Brownstown. Funeral cremation prices in a city with a higher cost of living may be higher than in a rural area.
- Type of Service: The service you choose – like a memorial or a celebration of life, as two examples – can also affect the cost of cremation. Then you have additional services, like flowers or a memorial program, that can add to the total cost.
- Cremation Container: The price of the cremation container you choose, such as an urn or a keepsake, also varies.
The Average Cost of Funeral Cremation
The average cost of funeral cremation in the United States is approximately $6,000, according to the National Funeral Directors Association. Of course, this cost can vary widely depending on the abovementioned factors.
Ways to Reduce the Cost of Funeral Cremation
- Direct Cremation: This option does not include a funeral service or viewing; hence, the lower cost.
- Third-Party Services: Using a third-party crematory service instead of a funeral home can also reduce the cost of funeral cremation.
- Personalization: Adding personal touches, such as using a loved one’s clothing or personal items, can be a cost-effective way to personalize the cremation service.
The Importance of Planning Ahead
Whether you’re in Brownstown or the surrounding area, the funeral cremation cost shouldn’t be something you’re considering at the last minute. That’s why many choose advanced planning. You can make informed decisions and ensure that your wishes are respected with advanced planning, plus it locks in the cost.
These are just a sample of some of the costs associated with cremation. It’s often the more cost-effective option over a traditional burial service. However, you should still check with your funeral home or even with your parish to ensure you’re not overlooking any additional costs. The good news is that you won’t be priced out of holding a ceremony for your loved one – you can still find a faith-based service that’s respectful and still falls within your budget.
Let the family service advisor at the Our Lady of Hope Cemetery help you plan for cemetery service in brownstown. For more information, contact us today.