While looking into a new security system, you will find that there are a lot of options out there. You should start with questions directed towards the company, and once you have decided to hire them, you will work together to find the best system for your business. Here are eight questions to ask a Business Security System at Chicago before hiring.
1. Are you insured and licensed? Make sure that the company is licensed so that you know you are working with a reputable business. If they are not licensed, go elsewhere immediately. Also make sure that they are insured so that you can protect your business if there is any damage or accidents on the job.
2. How much does installation cost? You will be able to discuss this with the company right away. Once you have talked with the company about your needs, they will be able to give you a rough estimate of how much it will cost you.
3. What is the length of the contract? Make sure that you ask how long the contract lasts and if it renews automatically. This is very important to ask before you sign anything with the security company. Always know what you are signing before signing it.
4. Do I own the equipment? Always consider the advantages and disadvantages of owning the equipment compared to leasing it. Overall, what are the costs going to be in the long run?
5. Am I getting the best equipment? Make sure that you are getting the best options for what your business needs. Make sure that you are getting equipment with up-to-date software so that you can protect your business properly.
6. What if we move locations? This brings us back to whether you own the equipment or not. If you are leasing the equipment it will not come with you, but if you own it, you can have the security company move it to your new location.
7. How fast will your monitoring company contact me if the alarm sounds? Do they have a 24/7 service? This is very important as you need to know that you will be contacted immediately if you experience a break in.
8. What if the power goes out? You should know that if the power goes out, your security system will continue to work. Ask about this, and a good company will ensure you of their battery backups.
If you are looking for security systems in Chicago, give SMG Security Holdings LLC a call today!